Friday, July 19, 2013

Snow White - Book Chapter


As you know, last year I rated JB Kaufman's book about Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs as the best Disney History book of 2012. At the time, I mentioned that we can almost never exhaust a subject matter when it comes to Disney History. I have just become aware of the fascinating research conducted by music composer David Johnson about Snow White. David conducted over the years interviews with dozens of the artists who worked on the movie, some of whom he was the only one to locate. I had a chance to read the manuscript which came out of that research and would love to see it in print at some point. One can always dream.

In the meantime, David has allowed me to offer the chapter about Ink and Paint for download on the Disney History Blog. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lionel said...

This is fascinating. I hope a book will happen at some point. If not, I'd gladly pay for a PDF of the whole manuscript.