Thursday, September 17, 2009

This just in from Jim Korkis:

[Marvel Legendary artist Jack Kirby’s interpretation of Mickey Mouse.

Artist Craig Yoe’s background on this drawing: “Back in 1991, I did a coffee table art book “The Art of Mickey Mouse”, I got artists from around the world to do their interpretation of “The World’s Favorite Mouse.” One of the first people I called was Jack Kirby. He and his wife Roz were very excited about the idea. He sent me two drawings, as I recall, and I chose this one. I colored it “animation style,” with the black line on an overlay and the background colors underneath. Jack’s contribution was part of a touring exhibit of art from the book throughout Japan.”

Jack Kirby was the co-creator of countless characters like the Fantastic Four, Captain America, Thor, etc.]

No comments: