Monday, November 26, 2007

This great piece of artwork and story just in from Pete Merolo:

[Didier,

Here's a Matching 'Pinocchio' Setup, from 'I've Got No Strings', that I have that I think you'll enjoy seeing.

About 2 years ago I purchased a collection of original Disney artworks that were part of the personalcollection from Mr. Guthrie Courvoisier of the Courvoisier Gallery in San Francisco.

After he closed the Gallery in 1947 he went into another business manufacturing plastic Service Ware for the home.H is managers in this new business were given gifts by Courvoisier of original Disney Art for special Holidays or as Bonuses that he retained for himself after closing the Courvoisier Gallery.

I was able to purchase a number of pieces, both Courvoisier Setups and Setups on Disney Production Backgrounds from the films, from one manager's wife.

Here's a 16 field Matching Production Setup of 'Pinocchio' on Stage with his Trumpeters. It is in Mint original condition and the background looks like it's never seen the light of day.
All of the artwork that I purchased were sealed in a box in their garage since the late 1940s.

Pete Merolo]

No comments: