Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Marathon (1989)



This is probably the most moving tribute to the Mouse I have ever seen. I dreamed for years of seeing it again and thanks to Ross Anderson I have now been able to post it on YouTube. It was created by Russian animators Mikhail Tumelya and Alexander Petrov for Mickey's 60th birthday and shown to Roy Disney during his trip to Moscow.

It was produced by I Boyarsky and A. Zalessky at The School for Advanced Studies for Screen Writers and Directors Beyelorusfilm, with Soyuzmultfilm Studios in Moscow.

"Really, quite literally, we all wound up hugging each other with tears coming down our faces... it was one of the more emotional moments that I can remember in my life." Such was Roy Disney's reaction when he and a group of Disney executives first saw The Marathon.

1 comment:

Ernesto Melo said...

Yes, it's really touching. One can see the Moore's Mickey making the same dancing steps from "Mickey's Birthday" and "Nifty Ninties".
Please keep alive this wonderful blog!